Never, ever doubt that you are loved by God. When that doubt begins to creep in, know that it is a lie straight from the pit of hell, spoken by the lips of the Deceiver.
Perhaps the most beloved image of Jesus is found in John 10 where He is pictured as the Good Shepherd. It’s an image that conjures up ideas of belonging, protection, provision… the feelings of being cared for and loved by God.
“He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.”
“He goes before them; He leads them out, for they know His voice.”
“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved.”
“I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
“I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”
“I am the Good Shepherd; and I know My sheep.”
“Other sheep I have which are not of this fold.” (a reference to Gentiles)
“I lay down My life that I may take it up again.”
Reading over these words again, meditating on them, I’m filled with gratitude and I’m affirmed by the love of my Father. How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God.
- I feel affirmed in His love because I am known.
- I feel affirmed in His love because He knows my name.
- I feel affirmed in His love because He leads me.
- I feel affirmed in His love because He gives life abundantly.
- I feel affirmed in His love because He laid down His life for me.
- I feel affirmed in His love because He chose me, including me among His own.
Deep in my heart, I know. I am loved by God!
To learn more about Walking As Jesus Walked and Discipling As Jesus Discipled, visit: SONLIFE.COM